As a company we have no wish to be intrusive. We are fully committed to your privacy.
As such, it is our policy to only collect the absolute minimum of personal data.
The only personal data we require from you is that which is necessary to:
A. Create a basic user account on Soniccouture.com
B. Complete a transaction when purchasing software from us.
We do not store any of your credit card information, so certain personal data is required by our payment processor (Paypal Inc) to verify your identity and authorise the purchase.
The personal data we collect from you :
- Contact details (required by our payment processor, Paypal Inc.): name, email, telephone number and shipping + billing address;
- Order history
- login password
- IP address + cookie preferences to ensure the site functions well for you as a user.
- Support Form: Computer Platform + OS (optional)
Analytics & related Web technologies:
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use Soniccouture.com. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on Soniccouture.com
- how long you spend on each Soniccouture.com page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We (Soniccouture.com) automatically collect the following information about visitors to our website
- IP Address
- Operating System
- Browser ID
- GeoIP (country from which the visitor is located)
- Landing Page
- Referrer page
- Exit page
- Click tracking
- FAQ Interaction
- Time On Page
- Search Terms
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. They allow the website to recognise your device and remember if you've been to the website before. Cookies are very common web technology, and are widely used in order to make websites work more efficiently, as well as providing information to the owners of websites. Cookies are used to measure which parts of the website people visit and to customise your experience. Cookies also provide information that helps us monitor and improve the website's performance. You can read more about the different types of cookies that we use on this website on this page.: www.allaboutcookies.org
What we will NOT do
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
- We will ONLY share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- You are an active user of our software
- the law requires us to: this means that we will only hold your personal data for a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 7 years if you have never purchased anything from us.
You Have The Right:
- To be provided with a copy of your personal information (the right of access)
- To require us to correct any mistakes in your personal information
- To be forgotten - use the 'delete account' function in 'My Details'
- The right to require us to restrict processing of your personal information—in certain circumstances – for example, if you contest the accuracy of the data
- The right to object to your personal information being processed for direct marketing (including profiling)
We will only send you Soniccouture marketing emails if you have agreed in the 'Contact Preferences' section of the User Account.
If you are a user of Soniccouture Software we will need to contact you occasionally about relevant updates and upgrades. You can opt-out of these emails entirely in the 'Contact Preferences' section of the User Account.
Links to other websites
Changes to this policy
If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, Soniccouture LTD will take reasonable steps to let you know.
To Contact us or make a complaint
Contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) if you:
have any questions about anything in this document
think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled
James Thompson, Data Protection Officer - email@example.com
20-22 Wenlock Road
You can also make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, who is an independent regulator.
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Textphone: 01625 545860
Monday to Friday, 9am to 4:30pm
LAST UPDATED 21.05.18