A One-Stop Bass shop - Electrics, Upright, Drones, Dub basses, dry snappy synths, massive snarling filter sweeps, evil distorted groans and moans - all in one package. Every type of Bass sound is covered in the Library, making it incredibly simple to load up the exact bass you need in seconds - or scroll through instruments to try out lots of different basses in your track.
Each of the 140 Kontakt instruments offers a huge range of control over the sound. Each instrument is a mini-synthesiser in itself! 8 control knobs are instantly accessible in the rack view of Kontakt, allowing you to simply tweak the attack time or filter cutoff, or to completely re-shape the entire sound - it's up to you.
Soniccouture have put their expert sampling skills to work recording detailed multi-sampled 24-bit waveforms from a vast array of classic Bass instruments. This gives Abstrakt Bass a unique sonic breadth unobtainable from any conventional synth - from fat vintage analogue waveforms, complex, heavy FM synthesis, Studio-recorded Electric Bass Guitars and amps right through to completely new creations from the cutting edge of sound design.
The Electric Bass Guitars included in Abstrakt : Bass feature a unique edge - the ability to mix the original amp and D.I. signals to suit your track. Each note of the guitar is represented by 3 24-bit samples: D.I., Close Mic ( AKG D112 ) and Distant Mic ( Rode K2 ). This gives you complete control over the natural studio sound of the bass and the amp.
To make it easy to work with such a large number of Instruments, Abstrakt Bass is divided into the following sub-categories :
1. Abstrakt Bass - The most unusual Bass sounds in the collection, Low-end oddities and extra characterful sounds of the collection. The Bass sounds that make a track stand out when you need something more than just a standard bass sound.
2. Distortion and Drama - Nasty overdriven growlers and howlers, and the really big atmospheric basses that fill a track with a sense of drama and foreboding. Particularly appropriate for Drum and Bass, IDM, film music, Trance etc.
3. Drones and Effects - Long, spacey low-end experiments - Film soundtracks and ambient style. With these instruments it's often enough to hold down one note and slowly tweak and modulate..
4. Dry Synth - Big electro sawtooths, offbeat trance basses, percussive squares, pulse warps, blocky FM -it's all here. Raw, vintage waveforms sampled from the original hardware and given the full Soniccouture Sampling + Synthesis treatment so that you can shape each sound precisely for your track.
5. Electric and Acoustic - Slap, Dub, Picked, Fingered, Upright - Every natural bass sound required for contemporary production styles. Electric bass Instruments feature VARI-AMP sampling - mix between D.I., close mic and distant mic at the tweak of a knob. Stunningly elegant control over your sound.
6. Sub Basses - We know how hard it is to find a really good Sub bass - and we also know that they are not all the same! So we wanted to include a good selection of heavy, smooth subsonic rumbles from the worlds most famous bass synths.
7. Synth Classics - A wide selection of all time greats in one place : Alpha Juno Hoovers, 303, Jupiter PWM, Mini Detune, Lately Bass, SH-101, 808 kick bass, House organ basss and many more.